Title?Concrete Construction Specialist
Our client is a global engineering company and it is seeking qualified applicants for a Concrete Construction Specialist for an International Assignment at large dam project sites in Southwestern China.
The Concrete Construction Specialist will be responsible for:
1. Providing consulting services related to concrete science, quality control and assurance monitoring of aggregate processing, concrete batching, mixing and delivery and concrete construction, and verification and documenting of contractors' compliance with contract documents, with emphasis on proper specifications, materials, and workmanship for mass concrete, roller compacted concrete and reinforced concrete construction.
2. Work with designers and specifications writers to provide proper designs and contract documents for construction contracts, and with site supervisors, materials laboratory managers, and contractors to set up, and efficiently run concrete operations and related quality control and assurance programs, including effective communication of program results.
3. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
The successful individual will have demonstrated ability to apply intensive knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the area of concrete technology and construction, to make independent decisions on engineering problems and methods, to establish work plans, work scopes and budgets, and to lead teams of engineers and construction managers. Experience should include management responsibility. Overseas experience is preferred.
Direct reports: About 10 engineers and construction personnel.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering Construction Management or Construction Engineering. Professional Engineering Registration preferred; Experience in construction of mass concrete or concrete dams is required. Minimum 10 years experience in heavy civil engineering construction management and field inspection of concrete construction including testing laboratory set-up and operation; international experience. Written and spoken English fluency.
10+ to 15 years of experience
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
* Please send us your complete resume (in Chinese and in English) to: 'email@example.com'(Please replace "#" with "@")
* In the email subject please include the position name and job #
Our client is a joint venture company which produces cast rolls and steel castings. The annual turnover is approximately RMB320 mill (2008 estimate). They primarily deliver to customers in China within the steel, offshore, energy and building industries. Domestic sales comprise 95%, export 5%. The company's quality system is approved in accordance with the ISO9002 (ISO 9001-2000 version).
The company is located in Sichuan, not far from Chengdu. The total area of the company premises is 260.000 m2, with buildings covering about 1/3 of the area. The company has at present about 780 permanent employees.
Position: Managing Director
The position reports to the Board of Directors which currently has five Directors.
The responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Overall operations of the company.
2. Annual budget and periodic financial and operational reporting to the Board of Directors.
3. Development and improvement of the company in accordance with strategies, plans and decisions made by the Board of Directors.
4. The Managing Director shall limit risk exposure in situations controlled by the company. Loans, guarantees, joint venture, alliance agreements, and major contracts shall be approved by the Board of Directors. Further, the Managing Director shall employ financial instruments to limit exchange and interest rate exposure.
5. Prepare and submit proposals of capital expenditures and sale of fixed assets to the Board of Directors.
6. The Managing Director shall implement systems containing control procedures and early warning routines to detect larger deviations from plans as budget and forecast. Such deviations shall be reported without delay.
7. The Managing Director is responsible for the business being operated in accordance with laws and regulations issued by the P.R. China
* Please send us your complete resume (both in Chinese and in English to: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'(Please replace "#" with "@")
* In the email subject MUST you plus the position name ?in either En or Ch ?
| China Job Links: |
China Recruitment Agency
China Job Openings - LinkedIn
Join #1 LinkedIn China Career Group
Find more Chinese jobs and talent